Thursday, October 8, 2015

Generator House--Better Than the Design




This is the reason why I have not been posting much lately. This carpentry project has held my attention.

A couple of months ago I used my generator house project to test out SketchUp and 123d-design (see this post).  Here's how the house came out.  Thanks to my brother-in-law, who has real skills, the design was modified to make it sturdier, by adding a lot of interior support, and by replacing the 1X2s I had for the floor with 6" 5/4 decking.  The only major shape change was to reduce the roof pitch from 30 degrees to 15 (I used 30 to make the calculations of rear elevation and roof width simple),


Here are some photos to show the construction: