Saturday, March 26, 2016

Adafruit OLED display on Arduino

I have been neglecting my Arduino interests in favor of amateur radio recently. So, I bought a book "Arduino for Ham Radio."

One simple project to get me started is a compass display.  The book call for a LCD module, which I have, but I also have an +Adafruit Industries OLED 128X64 display that I haven used yet.  So, I dug it out, soldered on the header pins, downloaded the Adafruit libraries, and uploaded an example to an +Arduino Uno clone that I had lying around.  I'm now sensitive to clones, and from now on will only by genuine Arduinos, but since I had this one I used it.

I made one small change to the program, just for grins:  changed "Hello World" to "Hello Town" and passed that message as a variable rather than a literal. No big deal, but I'm refreshing my Arduino skills.

I have ordered the compass module--after I get it I'll finish the project and post results here.

Here's a video.

No comments:

Post a Comment